Monday 11 October 2010

Preparation for shoot 1

The first shoot will be on Friday 15th October in Devon.

I will be using both digital and analogue with filters to maximise the dynamic range present as a digital camera may not suffice.

The digital camera will be a useful aid in metering and ascertaining exposure times needed with filters used. The camera also has a HD video which may be used to record footage and/or sound which may be included with the images at the final exhibition.

I have taken advice from Steve Godfrey about this method as he has some experience himself in this field but not with 10 stop filters. I have been using these for the last two years on digital, so they are familiar to me, but not yet with analogue. I also will shoot monochrome and colour as the golden hour, prior to and following the sunset is the time I will be filming and solely using monochrome may inhibit the variation of light at the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment