Wednesday 5 January 2011

Flashbacks

As the project evolves, so my thinking becomes deeper, as I am seemingly drawn to certain objects which remind me of my childhood.

The memory is brief, however, almost in and out in a flash, unlike some previous images which lasted longer, as the emotions I experienced took over temporarily.








The first image of the tree drooping forwards reminded me of a film called 'The Dark Crystal' which I watched with my dad and was quite enthralled by, but scared at the same time, as the trees seemed to be alive and try and inhibit the path through the forest.

The second image with the metal fence to the foreground triggered memories of forever having to climb fences or stiles, which seemed endless when I was young, despite their probably only being one or two, but it felt like that was all we had to do!

The last image of the frosted trees reminded me of my favourite novel, 'The lion, The witch, and the wardrobe, as I dreamed of walking into a new scene myself, often testing my wardrobe out! The 'V' formation of the trees stood out for me, as it yields an imposing presence of what lies behind and is not altogether welcoming, requiring trepidation. Yet, the fence to the right, encourages a lead into the trees paradoxically.

No comments:

Post a Comment