Thursday 11 November 2010

Proposal Feedback

Following the feedback from my proposal, I have retrieved some poetry and journal entries which accompanied trips to Lynmouth, Devon during my childhood. The project focuses more on reproducing feelings I had from my childhood, when presented with the aesthetic beauties of the landscape, which my Father sought to convey through his encouragement of the 'Arts', himself a painter and sculptor.

I did not, at that time, possess the artistic capabilities of my father or sister, who is also a Fine Artist. I appear to have spent a lot of my time lying down, and viewing the landscape from a lower vantage point. Often, I would gaze at single elements of the landscape, such as the sky, or water, as opposed to taking in the entire vista of what lay before me.

I printed images I have taken previously and placed them on the floor in front of my 4 year old daughter to observe what she then did with the images. despite not having received any formal training in art, she separated sections of nature into thirds, e.g. sky and or/sun at the top, sea/grass in the middle and a third image at the bottom. With this in mind, I now seek to convey this method of viewing a landscape through the eyes of a child, or indeed myself, by shooting fragments of the landscape from a low vantage point, so that the viewer also feels smaller when looking at the image.

An example of this is shown below:

No comments:

Post a Comment